Thursday, February 28, 2008

Family Time

A few Saturdays ago, Uncle Edy went to the ER, having some chest pain. It was a very scary time because he is super close to our family and we were all nervous for him. Besides my Dad's scare on Joey's birthday, no one in my family has been in serious health danger. Unfortunately my parents and their generation is coming to an age where we have to face those possible dangers. I don't like it at all. It's scary and it makes me so sad. I hate to think about it, but I know things can happen sooner than expected.

At the beginning of the year, I started making an "If I die" folder. I know, morbid, huh! But you just never know. I wanted to list all the different accounts we have, passwords, and all the important info that people need to find. It's hard enough to have to deal with death, let alone having to deal with all the paperwork. So I decided to make that step a little easier. I also want to create a "Family Favorites" to show people special things that we do for the kids to make them feel better, help them sleep, our daily activities, etc. This way, the kids will have an easier transition. I know...morbid!

Anyway....back to Uncle Edy. Earlier that day was Jordan's last basketball game of the season and also the team party afterwards. So after that, we ALL went to the hospital that evening. When I mean ALL...I meant ALL!! It was so funny. There was a waiting room on the same floor he was staying. We had food and the kids had their DS. It was like a party...at the hospital! haha! Of course, being the scrapper...I had my camera and took a few pictures. Here are the layouts. Uncle Edy...don't scare us like that again!! I think he just missed all of us from the Holy Land trip!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it! I was tagged by Stephenie, who was tagged by Stephanie, who was tagged by Stacy J., so it's your turn! ;) Here's where you can find the scoop: http://elendae.typepad.com/bliss/2008/02/im-it.html

:)

Anonymous said...

i'll keep your family in my prayers, em!
you are just rockin the los girl! i esp love the OA one. so pretty!!!
hope to see u soon.
blessings,
erin

Jennifer and Amy said...

Uh-oh ... sorry about your Uncle Em. Looks like there were lots of people to support him at the hospital - love your layouts!!!

Like Linda we also tagged you - http://jenniferandamy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

We have talked about this and I think it's great that you want to prepare and morbid or not, it is a good idea. I am glad your uncle is ok and I am sure he appreciated all the love and support.

I love your pages...both from your trip and from the hospital!