Monday, January 4, 2010

The Scrapping Spot--Jan kit

Are you ready to check out a COOOOOL kit?? Gosh, how corny! LOL.


Here is the Jan kit from The Scrapping Spot! OMG, I am in love with all the glitter in this kit. The papers are glittered, the transparent frame and brads, even a bottle of Shimmerz!! This picture does not do justice to the kit, you need to feel it, touch it, caress it...bhwahahwaha!

I'm going to start off with a card. I made this for a friend. As I mentioned in an earlier post, her husband passed away the day after Christmas. He battled 4 short months of pancreatic cancer. I printed out the ticket from this site...THANKS!! I also printed out the .gif image showing all the tickets. I really only wanted the boarder, so I trimmed that out. Other than that, the alpha, the green brad in the center of the flower, and the bling, the rest is from the kit. The sparkly dots on the flower..that the tulle. OMG, LOVE it!

Check out our little cutie pie. I'm probably biased, but I think she is so pretty. Unfortunately, she knows it, too..haha! I had so much fun with this layout. I ruffled the tulle and stapled (since I don't sew) it on the left side. Then I cut out each of those pom-poms and glued them over the tulle. I also altered the ticket and erased the word (I think it was snow or something??) and used alpha stickers for "you!". Used strips inked with the ink pad included in the kit. And finally added the title and bling from my stash.

These were taken Dec. 2008. I know, totally working on older photos. I realized in 2009 I didn't take as many. I think I'm feeling overwhelmed with all the ones I have now. Or I'm just too lazy to bring along the camera now and let others take the pictures..LOL! These were taken at Christmas in the Park in San Jose. It's really cute, they have different booths with displays, a Christmas tree contest, rides, ice skating rink...and SNOW! LOL. I used the ink from the kit for the snowflake. Then added Stickles from my stash. I especially love the Fancy Pants transparency frame...soooo fun!!

Finally a 2-page spread...WHAT?!?!!? I know, I hardly do these kinds, but I had a bunch of photos from the event. More pictures from Christmas in the Park. We did go this year, but I took maybe 2 pictures, then my battery died! Oh well...we can always go back again in Dec!

Hope you all are having a fabulous Monday! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: