Friday, June 12, 2009

Another post!! Goo me :)

I'm trying to keep this up, really! It's been really crazy at the house with all our internet woes. Then also throw in end of school, cleaning up the house, and just plain living life. The house is a mess right now since we are trying to organize the garage. We got 2 storage things Hman is putting together. Just need to get some brackets then I get to organize...FUN! The scraproom/all purpose room is a mess with school papers everywhere. We need to weed out things and just save some of their favs. Hopefully tonight I get to scrap. I have the upcoming Color Me Miki July kits...yes...plural as in 2 kits!! I love them both!

The month of May was Paper Posies anniversary celebration. They posted challenges every few days, but I only had a chance to complete 4 of them. They also had a weekend crop that I'll post about in another entry. This is what I created for the challenges. Thanks so much, Paper Posies for a fun month and for helping me knock out some layouts!!

This challenge was to create a card using a sketch. It was around the time for Mother's Day, so I created a Mother's Day card...this was for my Sister In Law.

This challenge was to mimic the Paper Posies logo. I love the posies and how simple it is to create. Just get some circles and layere them. Then add a center, I used hearts. This photo was taken in Lake Tahoe last year, I'm sure I scrapped this before, but this is for my Mom's album. I can't believe I used cardstock as the background!! LOL..I NEVER use CS anymore! Heidi Grace PP and I think a scrap of KI Memories and Daisy D. Chipboard circles by Heidi Grace, gotta have bling baby--Prima! Heart stickers from Michael's...I grabbed them from a sticker sheet the kids were using..LOL!

This layout was based on a Page Maps sketch. My poor Joey Boy. He fell off the back of the couch--HEAD FIRST! I was so scared that he bent his neck wrong..they way he fell looked awful!! OMG, it must have been the scariest accident any of the kids ever had. Luckily he got away with *just* a black eye...LOL. Totally used up some old school Doodlebug PP and stickers, Heidi Swapp journaling spots!, Technique Tuesday circle frame I painted with Crackle Paint, and Junkitz glitter chipboard.

And finally...another Joey layout! LOL. This was a scraplift from one of the designers. I loved how she layered a bunch of PP strips..I'm all about using up scraps! I don't even know if they match, but it's DONE :) Patterned papers: Prima, Love, Elsie, Junkitz. And a bunch of misc stars and buttons.

Thanks so much! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mia Castrillo said...

Your layouts are so refreshing! I usually spend time looking at them carefully and thinking, "hey, why didn't i think of that!" LOL! Thanks for the inspiration always! :D

Michelle said...

Ouch!!poor Joey!!his first shinner..how scary when they fall never know how bad it really is!!glad he is okay.. did u put a bag of frozen peas on it??lol

BethieJ said...

OHHH poor baby Joey! I am sorry he got a shinner.. glad it wasnt anything more!!
Hope all is well with your SWEET family Ms. Em!