Monday, August 10, 2009

Color Me Miki--August kit!!

Happy August everyone!! Sorry this is a bit late, but I need to recoup after the month long July LEO challenges at Willow Traders! I got so much done scrapbooking wise, but I also made chaos in the room and need to tend to other things in the household. It's been busy and I can't believe Summer is almost over...boo hoo :(

Anyway, here are the projects I created from the Color Me Miki August kit....Jungle Boogie (I just LOVE the name!!) I made this card for my nephew for his 5th birthday. I love the playful colors of the kit!! It's so perfect for kidlets :)



Then of course I needed to do a layout with our very own Wild Thing! He is such a nut! I used Cat's Eye Chalk Ink over the alphas to mute it down. I also cut up the bling strips to fit the zig-zag border. I cut the jagged mount behind Joey's picture to mimic a lion's mane..LOL.


I also made this for Jordan's album. I'm loving the landscape 11 x 8 1/2 action!! But it's so hard to pack it with pictures and embellishments..LOL! Jordan had so much fun climbing all the trees at Baker Beach. I thought the tree chipboard was perfect for him. I inked it brown, then painted over it with Ranger Crackle paint. I love that stuff, but I'm running out...LOL. Also had to throw in some stickles...forever!


Finally the boys...this was such a cute picture!! This was taken last March. Joey couldn't reach the pedals too well so Jordan helped him out. It's just the cutest picture!! I added the Prima bling swirls...my most favorite! ...It's like they are going so fast and creating a dust storm..LOL! Oh my, how corny!


I also created a mini book...and I'll put it up in the next post. Thanks so much...enjoy your summer!!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

FANTASTIC Em! I left you some scrappy love on my blog:
http://wonderwoman-diana.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-just-in.html

Diana Waite said...

Fantastic Em! I left you some scrappy love at my blog:
http://wonderwoman-diana.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-just-in.html

erin said...

ooh, lovin these em, and all your fun details!