Monday, September 21, 2009

The Scrapping Spot--Sept kit!!!

Hello hello!! Wow, where in the world has Sept gone? It's almost the end of the month and I'm now just getting around to posting this!

I am completely honored to have been asked to design for The Scrapping Spot!!! I have been oogling their kits for some time and now I can play with them!! Look how fun this kit is, esp with all the stars! I'm constantly looking for boyish kits filled with stars. LOVE it!! What a perfect kit to start designing with. THANK YOU so much, Jill and Cathy for this wonderful opportunity!!

Let's star off with a couple of cards....perfect for boy birthdays!


Next is our little "Thinker". I have no idea how this all started, but he looks too adorable! I edited the photo in PS and added the journaling directly onto the photo. I love the gears..makes me think of his sweet brain spinning it's gears as he's thinking!

Next a couple of layouts for Jordan! I don't get very many photos of him anymore since he's not into the picture thing! But a few is better than nothing! I'm so glad that this kit came, great way to scrap Jordan for a change!! Here he is at the Viva la Vida concert. This was at Shoreline in Mountain View. It was the first time we had lawn seating, fun fun! But toward and middle of the concert, Jasmin fell asleep and Jordan was getting bored. At least he had his Bakugan to keep him occupied..haha!

Yay! Another one of Jordan! He is not much of a skater, but I've always wanted to use this title...haha. He does dabble in skateboarding, so he is improving. He still looks "cool" though! I love this kid, even though he's been a stinker lately! ugh!

Here are both kids at the Viva la Vida concert. I also included the tickets. They are paper clipped to the little pocket in the background. I had fun with the little pebbles in the kit. I used the chipboard stars, added a bunch of glue and adhered each pebble, one by one! Took some time, but it was worth it!

Finally, here is a canvas for Joey! Since I haven't worked with Canvas Concepts in years, I hardly create with canvases anymore. I really wanted to make something for Joey to hang in his room...whenever he will get one. For now, it hangs in our room--he calls it his room anyway, haha! I love love love how this turned out. I was originally thinking of using the spaceship as a mobile and have stars hang from it, but then decided on this. And I'm so glad I did!! I love it and this photo of him was just PERFECT!! I also used one of my favorite quotes: Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars.
Thanks so much for stopping by. And THANK YOU, Scrapping Spot for this wonderful opportunity to design with your kits. I just received the October kit and you guys are going to flip when you see them!! I'll have some layouts for you soon!!

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

CONGRATS on the DT gig! AND your layouts ROCK as always...

erin yamabe said...

big congratulations to you miss em!
you totally rocked this kit...love your style girlie~

Melanie Stanczyk said...

A big congrat's on your new DT! They are a great group of girls over there!

Love the layouts too. You just keep on creating. Soon the albums will over power the house...wait, didn't that happen already?!?!?! LOL!

Michelle said...

fab layouts!!Love the spaceship w/the picture in it!wooHoo on The Spot DT!!