Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meeting a scrapper from the Philippines!!

Last year I joined a Philippine based scrappers community. One of the founding members, Joanne Yap found me at A Peek into Yesterday and introduced me to the website, Scrappin' Moms. I joined the yahoo group and I asked if I can contribute monthly sketches to their ezine, Scrapbytes. I am so honored that they accepted my work! What's funny is that when I read the emails from the yahoo group, sometimes it's in Tagalog and at times I struggle, but it's really fun to try!

Anyway, one of the members emailed me and said she would be in the area. I was super excited!! We met at Suzy's store and even if it was just a short while, we had fun oogling at the new products. She also delivered the Feb. kit from Studio Azul --very pretty!! and gave me a super cool template made by Au--only available in the Philippines!

Here are a few pictures of Marian King and I. Suzy took the pictures...heehee!
Marian, it was a pleasure to meet you!! And I hope we could meet again next time!!

4 comments:

Candy said...

I'm sure you had a really fun time with Marian, Em! Maybe (wish-wish!) I'll get to visit you sometime too.

Au Lim said...

wow! kinilig naman ako! umabot yung template ko dyan...hehehe...i hope you enjoy it! BTW, love your new blog's name :-D

Just Jen said...

You two look so cute! How wonderful you could meet!

marking said...

Hi Em, Just arrived in Manila yesterday so I'm trying to catch up with all the e-mail. Have to update my blog too to include our meeting.