Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bring on the sunshine!!

Hello everyone! Here in sunny CA it's been a whoppping 70 degrees and I love it! Even Jasmin wore shorts yesterday..girlfriend thinks it's always summer! This weekend we will be heading south to No. Hollywood. I heard it's in the 80's there. Better make sure to bring some tank tops!
The sunshine has me thinking of summer and how I miss it so much. I have a few layouts to share with you today about the wonderful season of sun and shine and no worries!


First off, meet my cave dwellers. We have a cool cave in the park by our house and the kids love to hang out in there--like their little club or even to cool off on a hot day. I don't really like it, I feel it's so dirty...but oh well..LOL! Making Memories PP as a background, a couple strips of scraps and clusters of embellies. The main flower in the middle is from a Scarlet Lime kit as well as the journaling card.

My first born, my sensitive dude, my sweet boy. Throwing around the football and catching rollie pollies! I cut a 12x12 Fancy Pants transparency at a diagonal and used half on the layout. The other half is on Joey's layout below. This is just a simple 1 sheet of PP and the half sheet of transparency laid over it. 3 pictures and a scattering of embellies. Oh..and some gems to enhance the swirls on the PP. Just about 15 minutes tops! Gotta love it!

Here is my pretty girl. She often has the giggles...or her infamous "mad face." She is so unpredictable and only 5. Not looking forward to the teen years, I won't be able to handle it! ACK! October Afternoon background PP, then some scraps. Cluster of flowers and gems and other fun stuff!! LOVE the swirl gems the best! Finished it off with Autumn Leaves journaling chipboard. Oh..the "summer" from the title...super old school EK Success from like 5 years ago! haha!

Finally my baby. He'll forever be my baby even when he's 81! Sorry Joey, that's just how it's gotta be. This is the layout that uses the other diagonal half of the Fancy Pants transparency. Did some cutting out of PP--the bracket from Teresa Collins PP, the butterfly from CBX, and the stars from Prima Dude!

Finally, this is not from summer, it's from Dec. Look how big he's grown!! *sigh* NOOOO! He's still my baby. At least he's got the smile down and is kinda looking at the camera..LOL. I totally got the idea for this layout from this lady, I even used the same PP (although my scanner is whack..LOL. I loved that she included the scalloped edging on the layout, so I trimmed off the edge of the other side so it will fit in the protector (that is whenever I get around to sticking these layouts in an album..LOL) Then I used the strip that I cut off to ground the picture.

Thanks everyone....until next time!

8 comments:

April Holguin said...

They all look fab, love them all, I can't even choose a favorite.

Krista Lund said...

great los, em! love how you incorporate many photos in your los :)

Rachel V. said...

Just unbelievable how big they are getting...Jasmine is supposed to be Joey's age, right???

And just be quiet about the weather. We're getting down to the ZERO mark tonight. Brrr!!!!

Heather said...

Dang girl...you've been busy!!! Lookin' good :)

terri k said...

Em, I love your layouts! I hope you had fun in No. Hollywood! Isn't the weather amazing?!

BethieJ said...

Em I LOVE all your layouts!! I cant believe how BIG the kiddos are getting!!!
Hope your having a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

Michelle said...

70 degrees OMG!!!I am packing my crap and moving w/you!!i am so done with this -digits!!love your all boy layout what a cute picture!love all of them!

Ria Maningat-Mojica said...

You are such a fast scrapper! Pick up you award on my blog!