Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Solvang/Santa Barbara pt.2

Here we go....more Santa Barbara pictures!! I am ALMOST done! I have about 2 more layouts to go...some journaling....and scanning! These are layouts from Santa Barbara. First stop was Stearn's Wharf. These layouts are not spectacular, but I wanted to get them done. Papers totally don't match, lots of pictures, lots of stuff...LOL. But I didn't want a super fat album...we are running out of space in our house!!

Totally OLD SCHOOL paper...Me and My Big Ideas baby paper pack like from 2003 or something! It was a dull, overcast day in Santa Barbara. The gray paper seemed to fit the mood...LOL. But then I wanted to brighten it up a bit with other goodies. Oh..and trying to be "green," the yellow piece on the left is actually packaing from a K&Co sticker sheet :) What else is on here...the stars are cut from Prima Dude PP; Love, Elsie sticker; transparency..maybe Prima?; Die Cuts with a View die cuts; Thickers; blue scallped border is Jenni Bowlin crepe paper!

My parents, Auntie Elon, Uncle Menor, Kuya and Tina. I love when we all travel together! They help out so much with the kids and Hman and I can have some quiet time :) Background paper is K&Co, birdie paper is DCWV, green paper is Rusty Pickle. The black strip says "Road Trip", I think it's from Lil Davis? Wow..old school Scrapworks titlework on a journaling block from the Color Me Miki Jan kit, as well as the tickets. And a bunch of other random stuff.

After walking around a bit, we had lunch at Shellfish Co. LOL...my parents and aunt and uncle took a picture just like the one on the website..LOL! Yummy crab! This is probably the least favorite of my pages! Oh well, it's done. Chipboard from Basic Grey; die cuts from Making Memories. Background paper again from Me and My Big Ideas; pink papers are KI. And using packaing again..the brown spotted piece from Imaginisce.

This is it for now. I have more to show you, but then I'll be going out of order and that gives me stress, haha. Let me finish up the other couple layouts, then I'll be posting all the layouts in multiple posts so you are not bombarded with dark, gloomy overcast. Seeing the layouts in order will feel as if you were looking at the album right next to me...yapping....and yapping away! How fun for you!! :)

Take care, ya'll!

4 comments:

erin said...

hi em!
love love love your work as always!
looking forward to seeing you sunday. maybe some of your mojo will rub off on me and i'll actually get somethin done!
cheers&blessings,
erin

Krista Lund said...

i love the clump of yummy embellies in the first lo!!

BethieJ said...

Oh Em~ I LOVE your layouts! Love all the GREAT photos!!
That kit is YUMMY too.. oh those chipboard cupcakes are sooo CUTE!!
Hope all is well with your sweet family!

Jennifer and Amy said...

your pages look awesome, who would know how old those papers are since you totally rocked them! I miss chatting with ya girl! :(

p.s. I got the January Color Me Miki kit and I LOVE it! I'm having tons of fun making a mini with it AND some pages of the boys. ;)

xo, Jen