Monday, December 14, 2009

Color Me Miki Dec. kit---Festival of Trees

It's the most wonderful time of the year!! I love all the festivities, the get-togethers with family and friends...and yummy food!..and the shopping! Oh my, I've been livng at Walgreens the past few weeks. And searching for online deals, so fun! But all of these events requre time! I wish there were more hours in the day, and double that time during the holidays!

One thing is for sure, if you are a fan of scrapbooking, using kits help with the time. They are already mixed and matched with fun manufacturers, papers, and embellies! Oh how I love embellies..they add so much to personality and depth to layouts. Here is the December kit--Festival of Trees from Color Me Miki. The kit is so festive and perfect for you holiday scrapping. I love the vintage feel to this kit with the rustic greens and sparkling gold.

I created a different shaped card for this sample. I esp like how it fits in a regular envie!! LOL. I added the bling from my stash of Prima Crystals...LOVE them! I also used scrap strips of PP and the packaging from the Prima flowers.

This card is 6x6, but I cut off the top a bit to go with the polka dots. Also the snowflake sticks out a little at the top for added dimnension. I used the Cat's Eye ink for the foam letters, BUT make sure to seal it with something like dimensional glue otherwise it will get on everything!

Next is a super simple card. I used the Prima packaging again and some scrap papers. This time I used Stickles on the Foam letters, love the subtle glitter!

This project is supposed to go on the wall, just haven't figured out where! The photo was taken last Dec. 24. That is when my family opens gifts and eats a FEAST..YUM! I took the Websters' PP and cut the inside out. I added foam pop dots to lift it like a frame. I cut the tree out of another Websters PP, inked it up and added some cut out butterflies. I also used pop dots for the tree and tucked some edges under the frame. Finally I added the little gold trees along the bottom and I inked up the reindeer and added him in the corner. It's also hard to tell, but I added some red Stickles to his nose..LOL.

Family photos with my parents, brother and sister-in-law...

Finally, my parents with all the grandchildren..including RAKO :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you are all staying safe and SANE this holiday season. A couple more weeks and we start counting down the days until the new year!! Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

I seen this kit a bit ago and loved it! Your layouts are great!

How are you? Hope you and the family are doing well. Have a happy holiday season!